Level: Intermediate | Style: Mixed Style
Tutorials, Step By Step guide, Tips & Follow Along Video
Translates as 'Scissors.'
The idea is to trap the other player between your legs and lever him over.
Step by step guide
- Step with your left foot beside your partner's right foot and cross your other leg behind.
- This resembles the initial Vingativa position except that your legs get crossed and you plant your feet just the other way round.
- Your upper body is facing rather downwards, but your head keeps looking at the opponent.
- The right hand stays firmly on the ground, the left hand can be also put down if you prefer.
- Get really close to your partner's leg, because the throw works better when performed with the thighs rather than with the lower legs.
- Once you are properly aligned, throw your left arm fiercely around.
- This should make your upper body and finally your hips and legs rotate to your left (counter-clockwise).
- Now your partner should start to fall over behind. Rotate further on until your left hand touches the ground.
- Lift off your right hand and do the rolê over your partner's stomach.
- If he struggling to get free you may nail him with your left knee in his belly and fake a knee strike (right leg) at his face.
- The player who gets thrown with a Tesoura is advised to make the fall as soft as possible and to cross his arms in some distance in front of his face because of a possible incoming Joelhada (knee blow).
Variations on Tesoura